Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sea Hag IPA

      I don't get canned beers to often. Mostly due to the fact that most canned beers are shit. But lucky for me i stumbled across a sweet fucking brew from the New England Brewing Company from Woodbridge, CT. Not only is the brewery from my neck of the woods (which drew me to it), it's also not that bad. I picked up the Sea Hag IPA for $10 for a sixer, which is usual when buying a half decent beer. Like i said one of the things that drew me to it was the location of the brewery, but the first thing was the badass can. It was tucked in the back on the top shelf, but luckily it stuck out.

   
      Sadly beyond the few things that suckered me into buying it, there's nothing much to say about. When i grab an IPA i'm looking for a very hoppy, clean and full bodied taste. I didn't find that here. There's not much in the line of bitterness to it and hardly any of the characteristics of an IPA, which makes me think they should of just dropped the I and stuck with the PA. I would buy it again, it just wouldn't be my first choice. It's not a bad beer, just not what I was expecting. But hey, I'm from New England. So I'm used to disappointments (mostly from the sports teams).

No comments:

Post a Comment